StuccoPin is a special short version of DryFix pin that are available for re-pinning separated, unstable and potentially dangerous loose stucco. Typically the stucco is 1″ to 2″ thick but this can vary greatly between 1/2″ and 3″. Breakdown of the bond between the stucco and back-up material can occur for various reasons but once delaminated it is likely to become increasingly unstable, resulting in cracks and bulges. These in turn encourage water penetration while wind loads tend to loosen the stucco even further. Mosaic tile finishes can easily become loose and fall away.
Installed in the same way as standard DryFix ties, re-pinning is a far simpler and more cost-effective method of stabilizing the stucco than traditional solutions such as tearing off and re-stuccoing or chemical anchoring with large pins.
DryFix pinning simply requires drilling a small pilot hole – usually 6mm – and driving an 8mm grade 304 stainless steel helical pin through the stucco and into the back-up material. The outer end of the pin is left recessed just below the surface allowing the hole to be caulked to prevent any water penetration and provide a good surface for repainting or mosaic tiling as appropriate.
The versatile DryFix system is a reliable, economical, high quality alternative to traditional repair methods of chemical anchoring or tearing off and re-stuccoing.
NOTE: StuccoPins can also be installed horizontally at 90° to the face of the stucco
- For re-pinning separated, unstable and potentially dangerous loose stucco.
- Where buildings are often coated with a hard stucco, keyed to the back-up material by means of a splatter dash application, which is then painted or covered with small tiles to achieve a waterproof finish.
- Typically the stucco is 1″ to 2″ thick but this can vary greatly between 1/2″ and 3″.
- Far simpler and more cost-effective method of stabilizing the stucco than traditional solutions such as tearing off and re-stuccoing or chemical anchoring with large pins.
- Stainless steel helical pin, Grade 304 or 316
- Quick, economical and easy to install
- Requires no grouts, resins or expansion devises
- Avoids tearing off and re-stuccoing
- Avoids chemical anchoring with large pins
- Resists wind loads and ground vibrations
- Effective in all common building materials
- Clean finish / Minimal visual impact